Double Yellow Flag Iris Pseudacorus Flore Pleno - 3L Pot
The Double Yellow Flag is a beautiful plant with sword-like green leaves, and double yellow flowers, which bloom in June and July. It is can be planted at the edge of ponds or in up to 20cm of water.
- Foliage Colour: green
- Flower Colour: yellow
- Approx. Growth Height: 60cm - 1m
- Flowering Time: June and July
- Uses: bog gardens, ponds
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: fast
- suitable for medium and large ponds
- Light Requirements: full sun, partial shade
- Moisture: moist, moist but well drained
- Soil requirements: acidic, neutral, alkaline, boggy, loamy, sandy, chalky
Plant in bog gardens or in shallow water with a depth of up to 20cm. This plant is suitable for zones 1 & 2 of a pond. Aquatic and marginal plants should be placed in pond plant baskets filled with aquatic soil (sold separately) and topped with a thin layer of gravel to help prevent the soil from washing away.
- Planting Depth: up to 20cm
Pond Plant Benefits
Marginal and pondside plants add interest, colour and structure to ponds, and offer the benefit of delightful fragrance. They are ideal for places near to patio or decking areas, where their sweet aroma can be appreciated. The plants can be positioned around the perimeter of a pond or on levelled shelves for original and attractive exposure. Marginal plants should be planted in boggy ground or shallow water for optimal growth results.