This cast stone Equine Head is a traditional equestrian depiction. The original of this impressive stone Equine Head was excavated at Civitavecchia near Rome and acquired by the Medici family who sent it to Florence in 1585. The stone Equine Head was later adapted to serve as a fountain spout in the courtyard of the Medici Palace. This traditional equestrian depiction is the perfect garden ornament for creating a focal point in the garden. This statue is made using cast limestone with a surface texture similar to that of portland stone. In a number of important ways it is markedly superior, one of its greatest advantages being price, which, piece for piece, is normally significantly less than that of quarried stone.
Height 1.01m. Depth of Bust 89cm. Width of Bust at Base 34cm. Width of Socle 38cm Weight 183kg.