Fruit Tree Greasebands - 1.75m
Many ornamental trees, deciduous tree leaves, blossom, fruitlets, and shrubs fall subject to the extensive damage done by winter moth caterpillars, affecting crop yields and quality, with severe attacks leaving plants weak. A traditional way to prevent this is to use these effective grease bands, which trap wingless pests and prevent them from climbing up the trunks of trees before they can reach the branches, lay eggs, and begin devouring.
- Protect fruit and ornamental trees from female winter moth caterpillars, ants and earwigs
- Pesticide free - suitable for organic gardening
- Non-drying adhesive - enables continued operation of the trap
- Brown wire included - simply tie the grease band to your tree
- Cut to size - will be sufficient to treat 5 fruit trees of approximately 30cm circumference
This pack allows you to apply a single application to five trees with a circumference of 30cm, allowing an extra 5cm on each strip to overlap. If your trees are bigger or smaller then the amount you will be able to protect will alter accordingly.
How to Apply
Inside the pack you will find a ready-prepared greased band approximately 1.75m long, and some brown wire to tie the greased band onto the tree. The band should be fixed well above the level of any surrounding vegetation to ensure that it is not bridged, which may allow insects to avoid the grease. Use the band around any supporting tree posts. To save fruit from winter moth caterpillars apply the bands in autumn and keep in place until the following April. Apply in summer to trap earwigs and ants as they try to climb the trees.
Length 1.75m (5ft 8¾in)
Brown wire included