Fuchsia 'Hawkshead' | 2L Pot
Uniquely-shaped, semi double blooms, boasting crisp white colouring
Fuchsia 'Hawkshead' is perfect for someone seeking to lift their garden with enchanting shapes and silhouettes. Featuring crisp white, semi double blooms, that are encased by delicate sepals that gradually unfurl to reveal an unusual shape, this Fuchsia does not fall short of being unique. This variety will look beautiful placed in a container adorning an informal garden, and is a perfect, low maintenance addition to the borders of a cottage garden.
- Flowering Period: Summer and autumn
- Soil and Sun Exposure: Moist, well-drained soil receiving full sun or partial shade
- Eventual Height and Spread: (Up to) 1 metre, 0.5 metres
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 2 litres
- Fresh from the Nursery
- Unique Pink and Purple Flowers
- Hardy, Easy to Grow Nature
- Generous Flowering Period
- Environmentally-Conscious Packaging
Planting TipPlant in a container to add floral interest to a patio...
Pots and Packaging
Larger pots (2L and above) are wrapped in waxed paper and then attached to a cardboard base so they stay stable in the box. The waxed paper prevents the compost from spilling out and gives the base some added protection from damp compost. For large numbers of plants, pallets may be used for shipping.
The nursery will ensure the plant is moist while it's waiting to be picked up. Our quality control team waters the plant before packing them where necessary to make sure that the plant is suitably watered for transport. Plants with long delicate stems are secured with canes to prevent damage.
Plant on Arrival
Typically plants are delivered ready to plant and will take some time to settle, grow and look more like the product image above.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
Primrose is the place to be to Discover Everything Garden.
We were created in 2003 to become the UK's largest online-only garden centre. Thousands of plants, planters, awnings, garden furniture sets, water features and more line our digital shelves, and we're ready to fill your garden with comfort, quality, colour and style.
If you'd like to find out more, check out our 'About Us' page.
We want you to be happy with your purchase from the moment it arrives, but if you aren't you have the right to return it within 14 days. Just head to our Returns Page, send us an email, receive a returns number and fire your product back to us.
We'll refund the full cost as well as standard delivery.
Highlands and Islands
We calculate delivery costs at checkout based on your entered postcode, so you'll know at that stage if your chosen product can be sent to you. If you have any queries, please head to Contact Us and send over a form, or visit our Help Centre.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Features||Tall Perennial Plants|
|Flowering Month||June, July, August, September, October|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Type||Bedding Plants, Perennial Plants|
|Suitable For Shade||Suitable for Shade|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|
|Plants Offers||Up to 50% OFF Selected Plants|