Fuchsia 'Marinka' | 10.5cm Pot
Ornament your summertime garden with abundant, bell-shaped blooms
Delighting both expert and novice gardeners with their enchanting, bell-shaped blooms, as well as their generous flowering periods, Fuchsias are a must-have addition every garden. Whether you are working with a large or smaller space, these bedding plants are suited to every garden style and soil type (as long as it is well-drained), where they will happily grow in pots, containers, hanging baskets, and flowerbeds.
To encourage bushy growth, we recommend that you pinch out the growing tips when your Fuchsia plant is still small. Fuchsia 'Marinka' boasts sumptuous, scarlet petals, which we consider perfect for adding a showy edge to your summertime garden.
- Supplied As: 10.5cm pot
- Season of Interest: Summer
- Soil Type: Any, as long as it is well-drained
- Preferred Location: Sun or part shade
- Eventual Height and Spread: 30cm (12"), 45cm (18")
Please see our below guidance on your bedding plant's care:
Watering: Before planting your bedding plants, it is important to provide them with a generous watering. This can be done by letting the roots of each plant submerge in a bucket of water. Once all air bubbles have escaped, allow each plant to drain. If you are planting your bedding plants in a hanging basket, you will need to water them more frequently (ideally once a day).
Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
Feed: To really flourish, your bedding plants should have adequate feed. You can either add a slow release fertilizer to their compost, or mix feed into their watering on a weekly basis.
Frost: Young plug plants will need to be protected from any danger of frost. Keep them in a sheltered environment whilst you pot them on ready to go outside, which is usually around May time. A greenhouse is perfect but a windowsill or conservatory will do just fine as long as they are kept warm with plenty of sunlight (16-18Â°C is optimal). Use a good quality balanced potting compost when planting, and slow release fertiliser is also advised for the best results.
Young plug plants will need to be grown on before they are ready to be planted out in your garden. They will take several weeks to establish and put on the growth required to be garden ready. Please follow our simple steps below to ensure the best results.
Seedlings, 60 cell plug packs, and 4 cell veg plug plants are best planted into bedding tray inserts or 7 - 9cm pots.
Starter and premium plants are best planted into 9 - 13 cm pots, but can be planted directly into baskets and containers (as long as they are protected from frost).
- Fill the cell trays or pots with compost and lightly firm down.
- Use a dibber to make a hole similar to the size of the plug plant in the compost, and place your plant into this planting hole. Try to make sure that the top of the plant is level with the compost in the tray or pot.
- Gently water your plants with a watering can that is fitted with a fine hose.
- It is important that you position your plants in a warm, sunny position but to keep them out of direct sun. Once any risk of frost has passed, you can plant them straight into your garden's beds.
|Flowering Month||June, July, August|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||10.5cm Pot|
|Shop By Category||Bedding & Perennials|