Gaillardia 'Celebrations' | 3L Pot
Showy scarlet flowers, resting above a bed of grey-green foliage
Flowering generously, this beautiful Grandiflora variety sports ruby red flowers, with scarlet and deep yellow centres. 'Celebrations' will make the perfect addition to a rock garden, where its fiery tones will enrich the most colourless of spaces. Relishing the sun, this perennial also benefits from a good resistance to drought, and will hence flower through the driest of summers.
- Flowering Period: Summer
- Soil and Sun Exposure: Well-drained soil receiving full sun
- Eventual Height & Spread: (Up to) 0.6m, 0.6m
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 3 litres
- Fresh from the Nursery
- Deep Red Flowers
- Drought Resistant
- Easy to Grow
- Sustainable Packaging
Planting TipAdd to a rock garden to establish fiery floral interest.
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Common Name||Blanket Flower|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|