Gaillardia × grandiflora 'Sunset Flash' | Blanket Flower
Red-orange flowers fringed with vibrant yellow; perfect for fiery schemes
Boasting a fiery pairing of burnt orange and yellow, 'Sunset Flash' is a must-have perennial for creating richly-coloured planting schemes. The glossy appearance of this perennial's petals also offset against their matte green foliage, enabling these blooms to become the focal point. Aside from being drought tolerant, this variety is highly appealing to butterflies, and as such, your summer garden will attract plenty of beautiful wildlife.
- Flowering Period: Summer
- Soil and Sun Exposure: Will tolerate most soils receiving full sun
- Eventual Height and Spread: (Up to) 35cm (14"), 35cm (14")
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 3 litres
- Fresh from the Nursery
- Fiery Coloured Flowers
- Drought Resistant
- Easy to Grow
- Sustainable Packaging
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|