A celeriac plant producing stalks with good storing abilities
These Celeriac Giant Prague plants will bear round roots with a mildly flat base, which are encircled by upright, muted-green foliage. Each stalk offers a delightful flavour, and can be roasted, boiled, and mashed. As such, these yields will prove a versatile ingredient. When establishing, ensure that your celeriac plants are protected from slugs, and maintain good watering to allow the roots to swell. From late September onwards, you can begin harvesting your celeriac, where they will conveniently keep for a generous period of time.
|Pot Size ||32 x 32 x 43mm (bare-rooted cell) |
|Height on Arrival ||5 - 15cm |
|Planting Location ||Partial shade or full sun |
|Planting Distance ||20 - 30cm |
|Planting Period ||Late April to July |
|Harvesting Period ||October to November |
Fresh from the NurseryOur plug plants are directly dispatched from trusted, expert growers, who are based within the heart of England. Therefore, you will not have to wait around in garden or fulfillment centres, instead, your plants will arrive to your home fresh, healthy, and in perfect condition.
Rich in Nutrients
Easy to Grow
Plant Theory Vegetables
At our farm in Cornwall, we sow and grow thousands of organic vegetables and herbs each year. When each plant reaches the optimum time to be planted in your garden, we will dispatch it directly to your home. Plant Theory vegetables are entirely organic, and are importantly grown in soil that has been tested by the Soil Association, on an English farm that treats quality and sustainability as of utmost importance. Packaging
Each plant will be grown and stored in plastic-free materials, and for this we are very proud. Plants are grown in biodegradable fibre pots, which can be placed straight in the ground. When ready, they will be carefully wrapped up in specially-designed and sustainably-sourced cardboard packaging. We will additionally use moisture-resistant wax paper to keep every plant safe, and subsequently fill each box with straw for added padding.
All packaging will be extensively trialed to ensure that your plants arrive safely, and we will even utilise a delicate-parcels courier just to be certain.
When Your Plants Arrive...
- Unpack your plants - Preferably straight after they arrive, you should carefully unpack your plants. They might appear slightly tired after their journey, however they will soon perk up again.
- Identify each plant - Each type of plant (but not each individual plant) will be clearly labelled. Lay them out into their respective plant types (such as wild rocket, cauliflower, or peas).
- Provide a drink - The roots of your plants may be dry, so provide all of them with a nourishing drink of water. This can be done by ensuring that the roots are stood upright, and submerging them for a few minutes in a container of clean water.
Planting Your Vegetables or Herbs...
- Their position: For the best results, we encourage you to plant your vegetables into a site that receives full sun exposure.
- Soil types: It is important that you avoid waterlogged soils. This is because they can lead to root root and compacted soils, which will retard vegetable growth.
- Planting distance: You should plant your plugs between 15-20cm apart, and further ensure that their stems are level with the soil. You should also make sure that the rows are spaced 15-30cm away from each other.
- Watering requirements: Water when planting, and during periods of drought.
- Hardiness: We will attentively care for your vegetables, and only deliver them when it is warm enough for them to be planted in your garden.
Detailed above is this plant's standard care information, however, if you are after a more thorough guide on growing your own crops, please click below.
We believe that anyone, regardless of ability, can successfully grow their very own plants at home, in both an enviromentally-friendly and sustainable manner. Every person deserves to experience the benefits that plants can bring into our lives, and we have put plenty of effort into ensuring that our products are easy to grow - even for beginners.
Sustainability is at the very heart of our ethos, and our entire offering is as enviromentally-conscious as possible, be it our plastic free, fully recyclable packaging, GM-free seeds, or ethically-sourced compost.