Gleditsia triacanthos f inermis 'Sunburst' |Golden Honey Locust Tree
Gleditsia triacanthos f. inermis 'Sunburst' (Honey Locust Sunburst) - 9L pot
A deciduous tree with elegant foliage, often on spiny branches, this tree is slim in a manner reminiscent of a birch. Hardy and generally disease free, this tree is sure to present a beautiful centrepiece for your garden.
Beautiful, white blossoms appear in spring to create a fantastic display which really marks the start of the new season.
- Comes in a: 9L polypot (not a rigid pot)
- Approx. Height on Arrival: 130-150cm
- Tree is approx 2 years old with a 4 year old rootstock
- Flower Colour: Green
- Foliage Colour: Yellow in spring, green in summer, yellow once more in autumn
- Approx. Growth Height: 12m
- Flowering Period: Spring
- Tolerance: Frost tolerant, fairly drought tolerant once established
- Growing Habit: Bushy
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Rate of Growth: Fast
- Scented: Barely
- Wildlife friendly - attracts bees and other pollinating insects
We have developed an eco friendly polypot that is currently in use across our 9 litre range. This polypot has less than 20% of the plastic used by a regular pot, and is importantly recyclable. Polypots also prevent root spiraling, encouraging a healthier root system.
All trees arrive in an extra thick cardboard box with a clamp to hold their pot in place. This prevents them from moving around on their journey.
Nursery staff will wrap the roots of our bare root trees and use compost to keep them moist during transportation. This extra protection prevents them from drying out, allowing for a flying start. We also use the same specialised box that our potted trees have to keep them nice and secure as they make their way to your home.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Special Offers||Pre Order|