Globeflower 'Superbus' Trollius × cultorum - 1L Pot
This wonderful variety of Globeflower has large blooms of golden yellow flowers. It is a herbaceous perennial with an upright spreading habit of growth. It makes a wonderful waterside plant and will bring some colour to the edge of your pond. The Globeflower 'Superbus' has been awarded the Award of Garden Merit given by the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS), which helps gardeners make informed choices about plants.
- Foliage Colour: green in spring, summer and autumn
- Flower Colour: yellow in spring and summer
- Approx. Growth Height: 1m
- Max. Spread: 10-50cm
- Flowering Time: spring/summer
- Uses: beds, bog gardens
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Growing Habit: clump-forming
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: max. height in 2-5 years
- Light Requirements: full sun, partial shade
- Moisture: poorly drained
- Soil requirements: acidic, neutral, alkaline, loamy, clay
Grow in deep moist soil that is unlikely to dry out.
Caring and Maintenance
Water to keep adequately moist during dry periods. To encourage further blooms, cut back after flowering and a apply a fertiliser.
RHS Award of Garden Merit
The Award of Garden Merit or AGM is an award made to garden plants by the British Royal Horticultural Society after a period of assessment by the appropriate committees of the Society. Awards are made annually after plant trials (which may last for one or more years, depending on the type of plant being trialled) at RHS Garden, Wisley and other RHS gardens, or after observation of plants in specialist collections. This is intended to judge the plants' performance for conditions in the UK.