Godetia Dwarf Mixed Seeds | Clarkia Amoena | By Mr Fothergills
Godetia Dwarf Mixed Seeds | Mr Fothergill's
Our clarkia amoena Godetia Dwarf mixed seeds are a brilliant way to fill your garden with colour. The pretty fluted upward-facing flowers bloom like crumpled silk, and come in delicate shades of pink and white. Many of the petals have beautiful stripes or waves of colour. These flowers are perfect for borders and make excellent cut flowers.
- No.Seeds Per Pack: 1,000
- Sow Indoors: March - May
- Sow Outdoors: September - October
- Location: Partial Shade
- Flowering Time: June - September
- Hardiness: Hardy Annual
- F1 Hybrids: hybrid seeds are produced from two specially selected varieties that are kept in isolation. As they are produced from only two plants, seeds are almost identical genetically.
- Open Pollinated: open pollinated plants aren't isolated from other varieties, so are more genetically diverse.
- Heirloom: heirloom seeds are historic, some going back to Victorian times, others more recent. Heirloom varieties can be good or bad, depending on how careful the breeder is to maintain genetic similarity.
- Hybrids vs Open Pollinated
As hybrids are produced from two specially selected varieties, the quality is more consistent, with a higher germination rate and improved cropping. But, as they require time, resources and know-how to create, they come to the market at a higher cost. They are also genetically unstable, and so if you keep the seeds from the resultant crop, performance is usually poor. Open Pollinated seeds are highly diverse and have often been grown for successfully for decades. Seeds from the resultant crop are usually perform well.Annual, Biennial and Perennial
Annual plants complete their life cycle within a year, biennials in two years (usually only flowering in the second year) and perennials can live on indefinitely.Hardy, Half-Hardy and Tender
Hardy and half-hardy plants can survive a light frost, but the latter are best moved indoors during periods of bad weather. Tender plants must be kept indoors, until after the last frost.
We believe that anyone, regardless of ability can successfully grow their own plants at home, and do so in an eco-friendly and sustainable way.
Everyone should have the chance to experience the benefits that plants bring to our lives, and we have put a lot of effort into making sure that all of our products are easy to grow, even for beginners.
Sustainability is at the heart of our ethos and we have done everything we can to ensure that all of our products are as sustainable as possible, be it our plastic free, fully recyclable packaging, GM free seeds or ethically sourced compost.
Advice on hot and droopy plants
If your plants are looking a little wilted right now, don’t worry! Plants like to be filled with water to keep their structure, and when it’s hot that water evaporates.
Just give them an off-schedule watering and they’ll be right as rain in no time! Be careful not to flood them - plants don’t like extremes.
- Hardiness: these hardy annuals have a good resistance to frost.
- Planting In Pots: suitable for planting in pots.
- Position: plant in partial shade for best results.
- Soil Types: plant in finely prepared soil which has been watered for optimal growth
- Germination Requirements: requires sunlight to germinate.
- Planting Distance (Seed Tray): sow 2-3 seeds 1cm deep 2cm apart. Label your seeds, noting planting date and variety/species.
- Planting Distance (Ground): sow 2-3 seeds 1cm deep 5-8cm apart. Ensure rows are 15-30cm apart.
- Soil Preparation: remove any stones from the soil and dig in some fertilizer.
- Thinning: wait until seedlings have two sets of leaves before thinning.
- Pest Control: use a pesticide spray to protect from pests.
- Watering Requirements: water regularly, particularly in dry weather.
Primrose is the place to be to Discover Everything Garden.
We were created in 2003 to become the UK's largest online-only garden centre. Thousands of plants, planters, awnings, garden furniture sets, water features and more line our digital shelves, and we're ready to fill your garden with comfort, quality, colour and style.
If you'd like to find out more, check out our 'About Us' page.
We want you to be happy with your purchase from the moment it arrives, but if you aren't you have the right to return it within 14 days. Just head to our Returns Page, send us an email, receive a returns number and fire your product back to us.
We'll refund the full cost as well as standard delivery.
Highlands and Islands
We calculate delivery costs at checkout based on your entered postcode, so you'll know at that stage if your chosen product can be sent to you. If you have any queries, please head to Contact Us and send over a form, or visit our Help Centre.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Flower Colour||Pink, Red, White|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Shop By Category||Seeds|