Godetia Dwarf Mixed Seeds | Clarkia Amoena | By Mr Fothergills
Godetia Dwarf Mixed Seeds | Mr Fothergill's
Our clarkia amoena Godetia Dwarf mixed seeds are a brilliant way to fill your garden with colour. The pretty fluted upward-facing flowers bloom like crumpled silk, and come in delicate shades of pink and white. Many of the petals have beautiful stripes or waves of colour. These flowers are perfect for borders and make excellent cut flowers.
- No.Seeds Per Pack: 1,000
- Sow Indoors: March - May
- Sow Outdoors: September - October
- Location: Partial Shade
- Flowering Time: June - September
- Hardiness: Hardy Annual
- F1 Hybrids: hybrid seeds are produced from two specially selected varieties that are kept in isolation. As they are produced from only two plants, seeds are almost identical genetically.
- Open Pollinated: open pollinated plants aren't isolated from other varieties, so are more genetically diverse.
- Heirloom: heirloom seeds are historic, some going back to Victorian times, others more recent. Heirloom varieties can be good or bad, depending on how careful the breeder is to maintain genetic similarity.
- Hybrids vs Open Pollinated
As hybrids are produced from two specially selected varieties, the quality is more consistent, with a higher germination rate and improved cropping. But, as they require time, resources and know-how to create, they come to the market at a higher cost. They are also genetically unstable, and so if you keep the seeds from the resultant crop, performance is usually poor. Open Pollinated seeds are highly diverse and have often been grown for successfully for decades. Seeds from the resultant crop are usually perform well.Annual, Biennial and Perennial
Annual plants complete their life cycle within a year, biennials in two years (usually only flowering in the second year) and perennials can live on indefinitely.Hardy, Half-Hardy and Tender
Hardy and half-hardy plants can survive a light frost, but the latter are best moved indoors during periods of bad weather. Tender plants must be kept indoors, until after the last frost.
We believe that anyone, regardless of ability can successfully grow their own plants at home, and do so in an eco-friendly and sustainable way.
Everyone should have the chance to experience the benefits that plants bring to our lives, and we have put a lot of effort into making sure that all of our products are easy to grow, even for beginners.
Sustainability is at the heart of our ethos and we have done everything we can to ensure that all of our products are as sustainable as possible, be it our plastic free, fully recyclable packaging, GM free seeds or ethically sourced compost.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Flower Colour||Pink, Red, White|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|