Golden Club Orontium aquaticum - 3L Pot
Orontium Aquaticum is a low maintenance aquatic perennial plant native to North America, with lush green leaves that can grow to be submerged, floating, or aerial. In spring and summer, the resilient Orontium Aquaticum bears tiny bright yellow flowers near the tips of its slender spadices.
- Foliage Colour: green, grey and silver in spring and summer
- Flower Colour: white and yellow in spring and summer
- Approx. Growth Height: 0.1m - 0.5m
- Max. Spread: 0.5m - 1m
- Flowering Time: summer
- Planting Time: spring/summer
- Uses: ponds
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Growing Habit: erect
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: max height in 5-10 years
- Light Requirements: full sun
- Moisture: poorly-drained
- Soil requirements: acidic, neutral, alkaline, clay, loamy,
Grow in deep mud at pool margins or in loam filled baskets in water up to 60cm. Full sun would be preferable for this plant to be able to flourish. This plant is suitable for zone 3 and 4 of a pond.
Caring and Maintenance
This is a very low maintenance yet it will need deadheading and removal of yellow leaves regularly.
Pond Plant Benefits
Pond plants add interest, colour and structure to ponds. They are ideal for places near to patio or decking areas, where their sweet aroma can be appreciated. Deeper pond plants provide a visual aspect to the central area of the pond that makes it really come alive.