Green Rush - Juncus ensifolius - 3x 9cm Pots
This moisture loving perennial is a great ornamental plant for bog gardens and pond edges. Its lush green foliage is topped by small, attractive brown/purple flowers. It will provide wonderful shelter for frogs and other wildlife.
- Foliage Colour: mid-green in summer and autumn
- Flower Colour: brown, flushed purple
- Approx. Growth Height: 50cm
- Max. Spread: 50cm
- Flowering Time: summer and autumn
- Uses: pond margins, bog gardens, wildflower gardens
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Growing Habit: clump forming
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: max height in 2-5 years
- Light Requirements: partial shade, full sun
- Moisture: reliably moist
- Soil requirements: acidic, neutral, alkaline, loamy, clay
Caring and Maintenance
This is a very low maintenance, hardy plant. Remove dead stems and flower heads in spring.
Plant in fertile, permanently moist soil in a full sun or partial shade location. This plant would be suitable for area 1 of a pond, and would also grow well in a bog garden.