Grow Your Own Dynamic Duo Kit | By Plant Theory
- Extreme Chilli Kit: Cayenne, Habanero Mix, Scotch Bonnet Red, Biquinho, Serrano
- Bonsai Kit: Trident Maple, Hackberry, Acer Palmatum, Norway Maple, Hornbeam
- 5x Seed packets
- 5x Biodegradable bamboo pots
- 5x Wooden Plant labels
- 1x Vegro multipurpose compost
- 1x Pack of Vermiculite
- 1x Wooden Pencil
- 1x Wooden Tweezer
- 1x Jute bag
- 1x Instruction booklet
- Height: 28.5cm
- Diameter: 10.2cm
Please note: where your plant is supplied with a pot, your plant's 'Height on Arrival' includes the pot
A note before you plant...growing trees from seed is a rewarding experience but it requires a little more patience than your other plants.
To give your seeds the best chance you need to "break" their dormancy period. (Stratification process) This isn't as scary as it sounds. Just pop the seeds in your fridge for 12 weeks before planting. This will set you up for success!
Stratification refers to the process of subjecting tree seeds to cold temperature, thus snapping them from the dormancy state. This is a process done in preparation to germinating a seed to create a bonsai tree.
Some tree seeds will never sprout until they are able to sense that cold and warm cycle. The seeds experience cold winter months, and then when spring arrives, they suddenly sense the change, thus starting to sprout into seedlings.
Please note that due to the seasonal availability of seeds we may occasionally swap out the listed variety for a similar alternative. This is done to ensure we remain as sustainable a company as possible whilst securing the seeds as advertised for our kits.
Advice on hot and droopy plants
If your plants are looking a little wilted right now, don’t worry! Plants like to be filled with water to keep their structure, and when it’s hot that water evaporates.
Just give them an off-schedule watering and they’ll be right as rain in no time! Be careful not to flood them - plants don’t like extremes.
How to Plant
- Soak the seeds in warm water for 24 hours. This will allow the seeds to swell and absorb water which will help with germination.
- Fill the bamboo pots with compost (keep a little aside to cover the seeds)
- Using tweezers, carefully sow a few seeds and cover with fine layer of compost. Gently even out the top layer of the compost to make it flat but don't compact it.
- Sprinkle a few vermiculite around the seeds, this will slowly release nutrients back to the seeds which it has absorbed during watering.
- Label your plant marker with the seed type you have planted and add into each bamboo pot. Stand each pot in a saucer and place the pots in a cool dry area for 14 days. Do not put in direct sunlight.
- Place your pots in a well ventilated warm area. Now water regularly, keep the compost moist but not saturated. Once the seedlings reach 3 inches in height, transplant the pot into a larger pot to allow enough room for proper continued growth.
Note: For Bonsai seeds: Place your seeds in the bag provided and leave them in the fridge for 12 weeks to break their dormancy period.
Primrose is the place to be to Discover Everything Garden.
We were created in 2003 to become the UK's largest online-only garden centre. Thousands of plants, planters, awnings, garden furniture sets, water features and more line our digital shelves, and we're ready to fill your garden with comfort, quality, colour and style.
If you'd like to find out more, check out our 'About Us' page.
We want you to be happy with your purchase from the moment it arrives, but if you aren't you have the right to return it within 14 days. Just head to our Returns Page, send us an email, receive a returns number and fire your product back to us.
We'll refund the full cost as well as standard delivery.
Highlands and Islands
We calculate delivery costs at checkout based on your entered postcode, so you'll know at that stage if your chosen product can be sent to you. If you have any queries, please head to Contact Us and send over a form, or visit our Help Centre.
|Shop By Category||Seeds|