Hemp agrimony Eupatorium cannabinum - 3L Pot
The Hemp agrimony is a vigorous upright perennial with red stems and thick clusters of tiny light pink flowers. Its flat-topped clusters of flowers bloom from summer through until early autumn. It is a hardy plant that is native to the UK, and it will attract butterflies and other insects in high numbers.
- Foliage Colour: green in autumn, spring and summer
- Flower Colour: pink-purple in summer and autumn
- Approx. Growth Height: 1.5m
- Max. Spread: 1.5m
- Planting Time: spring
- Flowering Time: summer
- Uses: beds, borders, wildlife gardens
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Growing Habit: bushy
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: max. height in 2-5 years
- Light Requirements: full sun, partial shade
- Moisture: moist but well drained, poorly drained
- Soil requirements: acidic, neutral, alkaline, loamy, clay
Plant in any moist, moderately fertile soil in full sun to partial shade. Can spread quickly, but is very attractive to butterflies and other insects.
Caring and Maintenance:
This is a hardy, very low maintenance plant that is native to the UK and as such needs no special attention. You may wish to cut it back in autumn to discourage any spreading.