Hosta 'Lakeside Banana Bay' | 3L Pot
Banana-yellow leaves, accompanied by lavender blooms come summer
'Lakeside Banana' will grace bog gardens with its banana-yellow foliage, that is complemented by muted green margins. From summer onwards, this hardy hosta will form towers of lavender, bell-shaped flowers; particularly excellent in attracting pollinators. Rabbit resistant, and wonderfully easy to care for, this variety will make a fail-safe addition to your garden.
- Flowering Period: Summer
- Preferred Location: Partial sun in well-drained soil
- Height and Spread: 0.4 metres, 0.8 metres
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 3L Pot
- Fresh from the Nursery Our perennials and alpines are dispatched directly from expert growers, based within Southern England. There is no sitting around in garden centers or fulfillment centres, so you rest assured that your plant will arrive fresh, healthy and in perfect condition.
- Attractive To Bees
- Generous Flowering Period
- Environmentally-Conscious Packaging
- Plant differing perennials throughout your garden for a colourful display!
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Location||Perennial Ground Cover Plants, Perennial Plants For Pots|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Foliage Colour||Green, Yellow|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Ground Cover||Suited for Ground Cover|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|