Hosta 'Patriot' | 2L Pot
This is one of the best plantain lilies to come along in some time. The leaves are dark green with a broad, wavy margin of pure white, creating an especially strong and highly visible contrast. It quite literally brings light to shade where it will thrive provided the soil is moist. Plants grow vigorously to provide excellent ground cover.
- Approx. Growth Height: 55cm (21")
- Approx. Growth Spread: 1m (3ft)
- Position: Full sun or partial shade
- Soil Requirements: moist
- Flower Colour: Lavender Blue
- Flowering Period: July - August
- Foliage: Deciduous
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||2L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|