Hosta 'Queen Josephine' | 2L Pot
Glossy dark green leaves make this hosta a bit more unusual paricularly with its yellow margins that fade to creamy white as the season progresses. The foliage is surprisingly thick giving it excellent slug resistance and sun tolerance. Pale purple flowers appear on long spikes in late summer.
- Approx. Growth Height: 40cm (16")
- Approx. Growth Spread: 1m (3ft)
- Position: Full sun or partial shade
- Soil Requirements: moist
- Flower Colour: Lavender Blue
- Flowering Period: August
- Foliage: Deciduous
- Size on Arrival: Varies depending on the season from an empty looking pot in winter to full leaf in spring/summer
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||2L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|