Hyssop Plants | 3 Plants | By Plant Theory
Commended for their medicinal uses, these plants will bear spikes of deep-blue flowers that are arranged into small clusters. These blooms are additionally excellent in attracting bees and butterflies, assuring you that your garden will attract plenty of wildlife. Each square-shaped stem will support slender, pointed, and aromatic deep-green leaves. Growing to a small height of 45 centimetres, when planting, each plant merely needs to be distributed between 15 and 20 centimetres apart, and as such, they will collectively prove an ideal choice for a smaller-sized garden in need of some herbs or subtle floral interest.
- Pot Size 8.5cm: (fibre pot)
- Height on Arrival: 5 - 15cm
- Planting Location: Partial shade or full sun
- Planting Distance: 15 - 20cm
- Planting Period: Late April to July
- Harvesting Period: June to October
About your plantsBased in the heart of England, our trusted nursery will sow and grow thousands of organic vegetables and herbs each year. When each plant reaches the optimum time to be planted in your garden, we will dispatch it directly to your home. Plant Theory vegetables are entirely organic, and are importantly grown in soil that has been tested by the Soil Association, on an English farm that treats quality and sustainability as of utmost importance.
PackagingWe're very proud that all of our packaging is recyclable or compostable. You won’t find any plastic pots or labels, just plants (either bare-rooted or in bio-degradable pots) and some cardboard that you can use in the garden or throw on the compost pile.
When Your Plants Arrive…
- Unpack your plants: Preferably straight after they arrive, you should carefully unpack your plants. They may appear slightly tired after their journey, however they will soon perk up again.
- Identify each plant: Each type of plant (but not each individual plant) will be clearly labelled. Lay them out into their respective plant types (such as wild rocket, cauliflower, or peas).
- Provide a drink: The roots of your plants may be dry, so provide all of them with a nourishing drink of water. Ensuring that the roots are stood upright, submerge the roots of each plant for a few minutes in a container of clean water.
Planting Your Vegetables or Herbs…
- Their position: For the best results, plant your vegetables in a site that receives full sun.
- Soil types: You should always avoid waterlogged soils. This is because they can lead to root rot and compacted surroundings, which will hinder your vegetables’ growth.
- Planting distance: Plant your plugs between 15 - 20cm apart, and keep their stems level with the soil. Each row is best spaced 15 - 30cm away from one another.
- Watering requirements: Water when planting, and also during periods of drought.
- Hardiness: Our trusted nursery staff will attentively care for your vegetables, and only deliver them when it is warm enough for them to be planted in your garden.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|