Imperata 'Red Baron' 2 litre
Vibrant red foliage, perfect for mixed borders and containers
Commonly known as 'Japanese Blood Grass', 'Red Baron' features vibrant red foliage, that will gradually mature to bright green. As such, this plant is excellent for adding ever-evolving greenery to a mixed border, and will happily grow in a container. This plant has been grown by our trusted growers, based in the West Midlands. Once ordered, they will be picked and carefully packaged into secure, environmentally friendly packaging.
- Season of Interest: May to September
- Soil and Sun Exposure: Well-drained soil receiving full sun or dappled shade
- Eventual Height & Spread: 0.4m, 0.3m
- Hardiness: Tender
- Pot Size: 3 litres
- Fresh from the Nursery
- Striking Red Foliage
- Ideal for Mixed Borders
- Long Season of Interest
- Sustainable Packaging
Planting TipPlant in groups for maxium impact.
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|