Bloodgood Palmatum (Japanese Acer) - 5L Pot
A beautiful spreading tree with strong coloured foliage which will add colour and interest to any garden in which it is situated. This deciduous tree has deep purple leaves, turning a stunning red in autumn. Small purple flowers are then followed by red fruits.
- Foliage Colour: purple and red
- Approx. Growth Height: 2.5m - 4m
- Comes in a: 5L plastic pot
- Approx. Height on Arrival: 100cm - 110cm
- Hardiness: hardy
- Exposure: sheltered
- Light Requirements: full sun or partial shade
- Soil Requirements: loam, chalk, sand, clay
- Moisture: moist but well-drained
How to grow
Grow in a moist but well-drained soil. Water in summer if necessary. Leaf colour is best in partial shade, although full sun can be tolerated. Leaf scorch can be caused by lack of soil moisture or excessive exposure
Spring and Autumn are the best seasons for planting trees, as the soil moisture and heat allow easier and faster root establishment and regeneration of damaged root systems.