'Kiftsgate' Rambler Rose - 5.5L Pot
‘Kiftsgate’ is an extremely vigorous, eye-catching, large, rambling rose. With cascading, beautifully scented, creamy white flowers in the summer followed by masses of bright red hips and light green foliage it is perfect for covering large and unsightly buildings or walls. Tolerant to considerable shade it also makes the ideal tree climber.
Hardy and reliable ‘Kiftsgate’ is happy planted in any aspect in moist, well-drained soil. Its open, single flowers are attractive to bees and other beneficial insects making it a good choice for a wildlife garden.
‘Kiftsgate’ has been awarded the Award of Garden Merit given by the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS), which helps gardeners make informed choices about plants.
- Flower Colour: creamy white
- Flowering Period: mid-summer flowering
- Flower Type: single
- Scent: medium
- Height on Arrival: varies depending on time of year and pruning. Height usually between 15-60cm (6-24ins)
- Comes in a: 5.5L pot
- Approx. Growth Height and Spread: 10m x 6.5m (32'10" x 21'4")
- Disease Resistance: average
- Other Features: attractive rose hips in autumn, very vigorous growth - useful for arches and trees, tolerates some shade
RHS Award of Garden Merit
The Award of Garden Merit or AGM is an award made to garden plants by the British Royal Horticultural Society after a period of assessment by the appropriate committees of the Society. Awards are made annually after plant trials (which may last for one or more years, depending on the type of plant being trialled) at RHS Garden, Wisley and other RHS gardens, or after observation of plants in specialist collections. This is intended to judge the plants' performance for conditions in the UK.