Laburnum x watereri 'Vossii'
Laburnum x watereri 'Vossii' (Golden Rain) - 9L Pot
An unforgettable sight to behold if trained over a pergola, the Laburnum x Watereri 'Vossi' (or Golden Rain) is a broad-crowned deciduous tree that takes a shallow rooting habit. Its gorgeous long yellow racemens glimmer in the sunlight, perfectly contrasting its deep green oval ternate leaves. This beautiful, hardy tree has a spreading crown and is highly scented.
The Golden Rain tree is a perfect addition to any garden, if trained over a pergola or planted as a specimen tree. Although this tree is known to be toxic to humans, the effect is more than likely to be a tummy upset if consumed.
- Comes in a: 9L polypot (not a rigid pot)
- Approx. Height on Arrival: 80-120cm
- Tree is approx 2 years old
- Flower Colour: Golden
- Foliage Colour: Dark green
- Approx. Growth Height: 6m
- Flowering Period: Spring
- Tolerance: Frost tolerant, fairly drought tolerant once established
- Growing Habit: Bushy
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- Exposure: Exposed, sheltered
- Rate of Growth: Fast
- Scented: Barely
- Wildlife friendly - attracts bees and other pollinating insects
- Light Requirements: full sun
- Soil Requirements: neutral, clay, loam, sand
- Moisture: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile
We have developed an eco friendly polypot that is currently in use across our 9 litre range. This polypot has less than 20% of the plastic used by a regular pot, and is importantly recyclable. Polypots also prevent root spiraling, encouraging a healthier root system.
All trees arrive in an extra thick cardboard box with a clamp to hold their pot in place. This prevents them from moving around on their journey.
Nursery staff will wrap the roots of our bare root trees and use compost to keep them moist during transportation. This extra protection prevents them from drying out, allowing for a flying start. We also use the same specialised box that our potted trees have to keep them nice and secure as they make their way to your home.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|