A really great product that is exactly as advertised.
Lacewing™ 2ft6 x 1ft10 Double Door Wooden Cold Frame Growhouse
Comes flat-packed with fittings and instructions for self-assembly.
- Ideal for propagation and display, as well as overwintering delicate plants
- FSC* certificated - responsibly sourced
- Shatterproof glazing for increased safety
- Polycabonate panels are virtually unbreakable
- Polycarbonate blocks 99.9% of harmful UV rays
- Fixing nuts allow you to regulate ventilation
- Finished with a water-based treatment, which protects the frame from rot, harmful UV rays, and the elements
- Double doors allow easy access to plants
- Keeps pests (and pets!) away from your plants
- Perfect for gardens, patios, and balconies
- Width: 76cm (2' 6")
- Depth: 56cm (1' 10")
- Height: 110cm (3' 7")
- Weight: 6kg
- Glazing: polycarbonate
- Glazing thickness: 3mm
Extend your gardening year and look after your more delicate plants with this sturdy growhouse. It will neatly blend into your garden no matter how big or small it is and can be located anywhere, even on your balcony.
The cold frame is made from carefully selected materials to ensure that you will receive only the best quality product.
| ||The growhouse has a timber frame, which is lightweight and resistant to decay, splitting, and insects. A water-based treatment has been applied over the frame, making the colour of the frame last longer. It is an environmentally friendlier option than oil-based treatments.|
In response to customer feedback, the new 2015 frame is thicker at 15mm, and we bring all this to you at no extra cost!
Glazed with 3mm thick, high quality polycarbonate panels, which block out 99.9% of the sun's harmful UV rays, further aiding the development of plants. The panels are strong, shatterproof, and help to retain heat longer than glass, making them ideal if you have children that often play in the area where the growhouse will be situated.
|The hinged lid comes complete with 2 lid props, one on each side, which allow you to keep lids open for air ventilation. It can be easily fixed into any position thanks to the wingnuts. || |
| ||2 wooden latches help to keep doors fastened shut. |
*The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is an independent, non-profit organisation that promotes the responsible management of the world's forests. Products carrying the FSC label are independently certified to assure consumers that they come from forests that are managed to meet the social, economic and ecological needs of present and future generations.