Lacewing™ 6ft x 8ft Deluxe Green Aluminium Frame Greenhouse
- Length: 259cm (8ft 5¾ins)
- Width: 200cm (6ft 6½ins)
- Eaves height: 121cm (3ft 11½ins)
- Ridge height: 198cm (6ft 5¾ins)
- Frame thickness: 1.2mm
- Frame: Powder coated aluminium
- Panels: Polycarbonate (PC)
- PC sheet thickness: 4mm
- PC sheet density: 800g/m²
Included with the greenhouse:
- Robust aluminium frame
- Shatterproof PC glazing
- 10 year warranty on PC sheets and aluminium frame
- One free downpipe
Click here to view this greenhouse in Silver.
Why a Lacewing Deluxe Greenhouse?
This Lacewing greenhouse is from our Deluxe range, which means it offers you all of the strength and versatility of the Classic Lacewing range, with even greater durability and convenience. The Deluxe range features our sturdiest and most user-friendly designs yet. This greenhouse can be assembled quickly and easily, and incorporates several new structural elements which make it our most reliable model. Our greenhouses offer the flexibility of installing the door to slide to the left or to the right, allowing you the choice of which way you want the door to open. Even the roof vent can go on either side, for extra flexibility. The Deluxe range also features a 10 year warranty on the high quality polycarbonate sheets and aluminium frame.
Sturdy and rustproof aluminium frame with extra structural supports and cross bracing
Corrosion proof stainless steel nuts and bolts make this our most secure frame yet
Roof vents provide essential ventilation on hot days, helping you to regulate the temperature of your plants(Automatic vent arms available as optional extra)
This greenhouse has been designed with a sliding door that can opened as needed for ventilation without having to worry about it banging in the wind.
The 4mm thick polycarbonate panels have a density of 0.8kg/m². These PC panels allow valuable sunlight to reach your plants while blocking out 99.9% of harmful UV rays. PC is strong, shatter-proof, and helps retain heat longer than glass
Gutters and FREE downpipe included. When used in conjunction with a water butt, these allow collection and recycling of rainwater for your plants (water butt available as an optional extra)
PVC strips act as padding for PC panels, helping them to fit snugly into the frame and keep out draughts, water, and insect pests
Galvanized steel base will make your greenhouse secure and stable, dramatically extend its life and make it easier to install (available as an optional extra)
Do I need a base?
In order to get the most out of your greenhouse, it is essential to invest in a firm, level foundation. This will provide extra stability, anchoring your greenhouse to the ground during bad weather. It will also ensure that the frame sits flat and level, allowing all the parts to fit together as they should. Most importantly, it will help your greenhouse to last for years longer by making it more secure and stable. To purchase our high quality galvanised steel base, please tick the box opposite and add it to your basket.
Benefits of a base
- Provides a ready made, firm foundation for your greenhouse
- Will ensure your greenhouse frame sits as it should, allowing the panels to fit correctly
- Will dramatically extend the life of your greenhouse
- Will act as an anchor for your greenhouse during windy or stormy weather
- The foundations are as important as the base. Please click here for more info
Do I need to purchase greenhouse staging?
Greenhouse staging is a highly convenient addition to your greenhouse - it will help to keep everything neat and organised and save precious space. High quality Lacewing greenhouse staging is available as an optional extra in the boxes below. The top shelf of our Essential staging can hold up to 30kg. It is made from galvanised steel, which is durable and strong, yet lightweight and easily portable. Our Traditional staging is made from rustproof aluminium and galvanised steel.
Benefits of greenhouse staging
- Saves precious space, helping you to make the most of your greenhouse
- Helps to keep your plants neat and organised at all times
- Versatile and portable: can be easily repositioned within the greenhouse
- Lacewing staging features slatted shelves, allowing air to circulate around plants and excess water to drain away
Do I need a vent arm?
Ventilation and temperature are highly important factors in maintaining the ideal growing environment in your greenhouse. An automated vent arm is highly useful for any greenhouse owner, as it helps to regulate these factors. This vent arm will automatically open the window when the temperature reaches your desired level, and will close again when the temperature drops. It is adjustable, and doesn't require electricity, which means no running costs.
Benefits of a vent arm
- Allows you to control the environment in your greenhouse even when you're not there
- Adjustable temperature range
Do I need a water butt?
Our Deluxe greenhouses come equipped with a downpipe which is attached to the gutters. In order to collect water for your plants, a water butt can be attached to the bottom of the pipe. See opposite for our selection of water butts and spare downpipe.
Benefits of collecting rainwater
- Convenient, economical method of collecting water for your plants
- Recycling rainwater is environmentally friendly
Thanks to Mr. P for this photo of his Lacewing Deluxe Greenhouse proving its strength in heavy snow!