Variegated Water Figwort Scrophularia auriculata variegata - 3L Pot
Scrophularia auriculata is a vigorous clumping perennial with variegated foliage, and small, 2 lipped brown flowers.
- Flower Colour: brown
- Foliage Colour: variegated, green, cream
- Approx. Growth Height: up to 1m
- Flowering Time: summer, autumn
- Uses: gardens, beds and borders
- Tolerance: tolerant of cold temperatures
- Growing Habit: upright
- Exposure: exposed or sheltered
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: vigorous, will reach maximum height in 2-5 years
|Supplied AsTitle ||Price ||Link |
|RRP £13.99|| |
|1L Pot |
|RRP £19.99|| |
- Light Requirements: partial shade
- Soil Requirements: clay, loamy, neutral, acid
- Moisture: moist but well drained
Caring and Maintenance:
Remove flowering heads as they form to prevent seed formation and limit spread.
This plant will thrive in moist, boggy soil, in dappled or partial shade.
A perennial is a plant that lives for more than two years. Perennials are flowering plants which grow and bloom over the spring and summer and then die back every autumn and winter. They typically grow structures that allow them to adapt to living from one year to the next through a form of vegetative reproduction rather than seeding. Perennial plants often have deep, extensive root systems which can hold soil to prevent erosion, capture dissolved nitrogen before it can contaminate ground and surface water, and outcompete weeds. They grow very well in conditions that are poor in resources due to their earlier emergence in the spring, and the development of larger root systems which can access water and soil nutrients deeper in the soil.
Below is a comparison of pot sizes. From left to right: 9cm Pot, 1L Pot, 3L Pot