Large Zinc Reusable Watering Can with Primrose
A pink Primula in a white zinc watering can...a lovely gift to see one through to spring!
Carefully put together by our trusted nursery, this zinc watering can planter has been filled with three Primula 'Chameleon' plants, which will keep your garden beautiful and lively right until spring. The white shade of this planter will add an idyllic, charming touch to a windowsills or a porch, and really harmonises with the peach Primulas (which gradually mature to yellow!). The perfect pick me up gift for a loved one, this Primula planter is very easy to care for, making it a wonderful choice for a gardener who wants an easy, effortless display. We believe that this planter looks best on a doorstep or porch, where it will adorn your home with its fun colours and design even on the rainiest days.
- Supplied As: White zinc watering can planter (width: 35cm, diameter: 18cm)
- Flowering Period: Winter to spring
- Varieties Included: 3 x Primula 'Chameleon'
- Level of Care: Easy
- Preferred Location: Sun or part shade
- Care Advice: Remove spent flowers to prolong flowering
Your Pre-Planted Planter
Your Primula plants have been lovingly grown and attentively cared for at our specialist nursery, based in the heart of England. This zinc planter features three Primula 'Chameleon' plants, which will gradually mature from pink to yellow.
How Your Planter Will Arrive
Your plants will arrive in their watering can-themed planter, which will be enclosed in sturdy cardboard packaging. As such, your flowering planter will be safe in transit, and will neither cause harm to the environment.
All of our young plug plants will need to be protected from any danger of frost. Keep them in a sheltered environment whilst you pot them on ready to go outside, usually around May time. A greenhouse is perfect but a windowsill or conservatory will do fine as long as they are kept warm (16-18C is optimal) with plenty of sunlight.
Use a good quality balanced potting compost when planting. Slow release fertiliser is advised for best results.
Our young plants will need to be grown on before they are ready to plant out in the garden. Your plants will take several weeks to establish and put on the growth required to be garden ready. By the time they are ready, the danger of frost should of passed and they will be ready to burst into life in your garden. Follow the simple steps below to ensure best results.
Seedlings, 60 Cell plug packs & 4 cell Veg Plugs are best planted into bedding tray inserts or 7-9cm pots.
Starter & Premium Plants are best planted into 9-13 cm pots or can be planted directly into baskets and containers as long as they can be protected from frost.
- Fill the cell trays or pots with compost and lightly firm.
- Use a dibber to make a hole similar to the size of the plug in the compost and place the plant into this hole the gently firm the plant into the compost. Note: the top of the compost plug should be level with the compost in the tray or pot.
- Water the young plants gently using a watering can fitted with a fine rose.
- Place the plants in a warm, light position but out of direct sun. They must be protected from frost. A temperature of 16 -20Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â°C will encourage active growth but good light is also essential. Grow on until all danger of frost has passed and then plant out.
For a more detailed guide with extra tips please read our blog below.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Flower Colour||Green, Pink|
|Flowering Month||January, February, March, April, November, December|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Eventual Height||Under 0.3m|
|Shop By Category||Bedding|