Lavandula 'Hidcote Improved' | 2L Pot
A hardy Lavender perennial boasting fragrant purple flowers
With a lengthy flowering period spanning from June to August, the sophisticated violet hues of this Lavender's flowers (Lavandula Angustifolia Hidcote) will enhance your garden's elegance, year after year. Each upright stem will develop spikes of rich, deep purple flowers, which are excellent for attracting bees and butterflies, and, as such, this perennial has been awarded the Royal Horticultural Society's 'Perfect for Pollinators' logo. The bushy flowers are highly fragrant, which makes them ideal for many applications, such as Lavender bags, oils, soaps, and creams. A classic feature to your garden, yet hardy and easy to care for, this Angustifolia Hidcote will certainly prove a worthwhile choice.
- Flowering Period:
- Preferred Location: Plant into well-drained soil that experiences full sun exposure
- Height and Spread: 60cm (24") 50cm (20")
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 2 litres
- Fresh from the Nursery
- Fragrant Flowers
- Classic for Every Garden
- Environmentally-Conscious Packaging
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Features||Scented Perennial Plants, Tall Perennial Plants|
|Location||Perennial Plants For Pots|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||2L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Awards||Award of Garden Merit, Perfect For Pollinators|