Leucanthemum 'Western Star Taurus' | 3L Pot
Beautiful daisy-like blooms, gracing your garden from summer through to autumn
Flowering into the autumn months, 'Western Star Taurus' will add a graceful touch to borders with its single, daisy-like flowers, which accompany muted green, decidious foliage. This variety is perfect for container planting, where it will look beautiful interspersed amongst colourful, taller perennials. A hardy plant, Western Star additionally benefits from a good resistance to disese.
- Flowering Period: Summer to Autumn
- Soil and Sun Exposure: Most soils receiving full sun or part shade
- Eventual Height & Spread: (Up to) 40cm (16"), 55cm (21")
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 3 litres
- Fresh from the Nursery
- Daisy-Like Flowers
- Makes Beautiful Cut Flowers
- Easy to Grow
- Sustainable Packaging
Planting TipPlant in borders to sustain floral interest when other plants finish flowering.
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Common Name||Ox-Eye Daisy|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|