Lobelia Waterfall 'Blue Ice' | Bedding | 5 x Large Plugs
Beautiful blue and white blooms makes this Lobelia one of our favourites
These Lobelia’s will provide plenty of flowers wherever you put them with relative ease. Easy to grow and able to thrive in both sun and shade, the royal blue of these plentiful blooms provides a great point of interest especially when trailed from a hanging basket. As these blooms are non-seeding you’ll also find that they flower for longer, extending the enjoyment they’ll bring to your garden all through summer
Planting TipThese plants look brilliant when placed at the edge of baskets and containers.
- Supplied As: 5 x 4.5cm Plug Plants
- FLowering Period: June - August
- Season Of Interest: Summer
- Preferred Location: Sun / Part Shade
- Eventual Height & Spread: Trails To 20cm (8in)
About your plant- As one of the most successful suppliers of flower seeds and plants in the UK, this business stems from two families with a desire of providing horticultural service and quality. They are recognised for their worldwide team of growers who are producing some of the most competitive and innovative plants the industry has seen.
Packaging- this pack for 5 plug plants will come in plastic inserts to keep them clean and tidy and prevent chances of damage.
- Watering: Before planting your bedding plants, it is important to provide them with a generous watering. This can be done by letting the roots of each plant submerge in a bucket of water. Once all air bubbles have escaped, allow each plant to drain. If you are planting your bedding plants in a hanging basket, you will need to water them more frequently (ideally once a day).
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Feed: To really flourish, your bedding plants should have adequate feed. You can either add a slow release fertilizer to their compost, or mix feed into their watering on a weekly basis.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
All of our young plug plants will need to be protected from any danger of frost. Keep them in a sheltered environment whilst you pot them on ready to go outside, usually around May time. A greenhouse is perfect but a windowsill or conservatory will do fine as long as they are kept warm (16-18Â°C is optimal) with plenty of sunlight.
Use a good quality balanced potting compost when planting. Slow release fertiliser is advised for best results.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Flowering Month||June, July, August|
|Location||Perennial Plants For Pots, Perennial Plants For Shade|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||5cm Plug, Starter Plant|
|Supplied As||Plug Plant, Starter Plant|
|Suitable For Shade||Suitable for Shade|
|Sale Type||Save 60% - Bedding/Perennials|
|Shop By Category||Plugs & Propagation|