Lupin Beefeater 'West Country' | 3L Pot
Tall spikes of sumptuous red blooms, perfect for forging beautiful colour and dimension
Flowering from early to mid-Summer, Lupin 'Beefeater' will bear erect spikes of small red flowers. The pale-green colouring of this lupin's palmate foliage and stalk accentuates the brighter tones of their dense blooms. Therefore, your Summer garden will be graced with a vibrant display that will be present for many weeks. Due their tall height, this perennial will establish beautiful structure within your garden's borders, particularly when planted in the back of borders accompanying other colourful varieties.
This lupin is commended for helping support pollinators, and hence carries the Royal Horticultural Society's 'Perfect for Pollinators' logo.
Plant differing lupins in the back of your garden's borders for striking colour and structure!
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
- Flowering Period: May and June
- Preferred Location: Sun or light shade in well drained soil.
- Height and Spread: 75cm (30"), 45cm (18")
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 3L Pot
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|