Marsh Marigold 'Alba' Caltha palustris alba - 1L PotCaltha palustris alba is a rhizomatous herbaceous perennial which is perfect for garden borders or pond margins. Its charming, waxy white flowers are complemented by its glossy, heart-shaped leaves.
- Flower Colour: white, yellow
- Foliage Colour: dark green
- Approx. Growth Height: up to 25cm
- Flowering Time: spring
- Uses: gardens, beds and borders, water sides
- Tolerance: tolerant of cold temperatures
- Growing Habit: columnar/upright
- Exposure: exposed
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: will reach maximum height in 2-5 years
- Light Requirements: full sun
- Soil Requirements: loam, neutral, acid, alkaline
- Moisture: moist but well drained, boggy damp conditions
Caring and Maintenance:
Cut back after flowering in June, and water regularly through dry periods. Propagate by dividing and replanting in spring.
This plant thrives in boggy, moisture retentive soil in full sun. For best results, plant in a container and transfer to your garden in late spring/early summer.
A perennial is a plant that lives for more than two years. Perennials are flowering plants which grow and bloom over the spring and summer and then die back every autumn and winter. They typically grow structures that allow them to adapt to living from one year to the next through a form of vegetative reproduction rather than seeding. Perennial plants often have deep, extensive root systems which can hold soil to prevent erosion, capture dissolved nitrogen before it can contaminate ground and surface water, and outcompete weeds. They grow very well in conditions that are poor in resources due to their earlier emergence in the spring, and the development of larger root systems which can access water and soil nutrients deeper in the soil.