Miniature Bulrush Typha minima - 3L Pot
A dwarf species of the bulrush; a very popular pond plant. It has long, arching, green leaves, and brown flower heads that sit atop erect stems in summer. As it is relatively small, this is a great plant for smaller ponds and containers.
- Foliage Colour: green
- Flower Colour: dark brown in summer
- Approx. Growth Height: 75cm
- Max. Spread: 45cm
- Flowering Time: summer
- Uses: in ponds, waterside, bog gardens
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Growing Habit: clump forming
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: max height in 5-10 years
- Light Requirements: full sun
- Moisture: moist but well-drained or poorly-drained
- Soil requirements: acidic, alkaline, neutral, loamy, clay, chalky, sandy
Grow in wet soil or in water up to 40cm deep in a full sun location. This plant is suitable for zones 1, 2 & 3 of a pond. Aquatic and marginal plants should be placed in pond plant baskets filled with aquatic soil (sold separately) and topped with a thin layer of gravel to help prevent the soil from washing away.
- Planting Depth: up to 40cm (in pond)
Caring and Maintenance
Water adequately during dry and hot periods. Propagate by division or stem tip cuttings.