Monkey Musk Mimulus Luteus - 9cm Pot x 3
- Foliage Colour: deep green
- Flower Colour: yellow with red blotches
- Approx. Growth Height: up to 60cm
- Max. Spread: 30cm
- Planting Time: spring
- Flowering Time: summer
- Fragrance: foliage: musk scented foliage
- Attracts: bees and small flies
- Uses: zone 1 & 2 of a pond, stream edges, wet woodlands, damp grassy places, paddy field margins, roadsides, rock gardens
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: fast
- Suitable for small, medium and large ponds
- Light Requirements: full sun, partial sun
- Moisture: damp ground, shallow water
- Soil requirements: sandy, loamy, clay, acidic, neutral, alkaline, boggy
Plant in a medium sized pot with up to 2cm of water or soil above the planting basket. Plant spacing: 20-30cm. Aquatic and marginal plants should be placed in pond plant baskets filled with aquatic soil (sold separately) and topped with a thin layer of gravel to help prevent the soil from washing away. This plant is suitable for zones 1 & 2 of a pond.
Caring and Maintenance:
Requires consistently moist soil, and additional watering may be required during low rainfall. Root division, if required, should take place in spring. Large divisions can be planted directly into their permanent positions. Regular cutting will increase growth.
Marginal and pondside plants add interest, colour and structure to ponds, and offer the benefit of delightful fragrance. They are ideal for places near to patio or decking areas, where their sweet aroma can be appreciated. The plants can be positioned around the perimeter of a pond or on levelled shelves for original and attractive exposure. Marginal plants should be planted in boggy ground or shallow water for optimal growth results.