Nemesia Sundae 'Forest Fruits' | Bedding | 5 x Large Plugs
Beautiful purple blooms with a sweet aroma
Our Verbena "Nemesia "Sundae Forest Fruits" plug plants produce unique bi-colour flowers with a wonderful sweet fragrance. The small delicate flowers come in beautiful shades of purple and white with yellow centres. These maintenance-free plants bloom all summer long and are great for attracting bees, hover flies, and other beneficial wildlife to your garden. They make a great addition to borders and are well-suited to container growing.
Planting TipBest when grown as a single colour planting in patio containers.
- Hardiness Hardy: Perennial
- Supplied As: 5 x 4.5cm Plug Plants
- Flowering Period: May - September
- Season Of Interest: Summer
- Habit: Spreading
- Preferred Location: Sun, Partial Shade
- Eventual Height & Spread: 25-35cm X 25-35cm (10-14in X 10-14in)
About your plant- As one of the most successful suppliers of flower seeds and plants in the UK, this business stems from two families with a desire of providing horticultural service and quality. They are recognised for their worldwide team of growers who are producing some of the most competitive and innovative plants the industry has seen.
Packaging- this pack for 5 plug plants will come in plastic inserts to keep them clean and tidy and prevent chances of damage.
Our young plants will need to be grown on before they are ready to plant out in the garden. Your plants will take several weeks to establish and put on the growth required to be garden ready. By the time they are ready, the danger of frost should of passed and they will be ready to burst into life in your garden. Follow the simple steps below to ensure best results.
Seedlings, 60 Cell plug packs & 4 cell Veg Plugs are best planted into bedding tray inserts or 7-9cm pots.
Starter & Premium Plants are best planted into 9-13 cm pots or can be planted directly into baskets and containers as long as they can be protected from frost.
- Fill the cell trays or pots with compost and lightly firm.
- Use a dibber to make a hole similar to the size of the plug in the compost and place the plant into this hole the gently firm the plant into the compost. Note: the top of the compost plug should be level with the compost in the tray or pot.
- Water the young plants gently using a watering can fitted with a fine rose.
- Place the plants in a warm, light position but out of direct sun. They must be protected from frost. A temperature of 16-20°C will encourage active growth but good light is also essential. Grow on until all danger of frost has passed and then plant out.
Please see our below guidance on your bedding plant’s care:
- Watering: Before planting your bedding plants, it is important to provide them with a generous watering. This can be done by letting the roots of each plant submerge in a bucket of water. Once all air bubbles have escaped, allow each plant to drain. If you are planting your bedding plants in a hanging basket, you will need to water them more frequently (ideally once a day).
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Feed: To really flourish, your bedding plants should have adequate feed. You can either add a slow release fertilizer to their compost, or mix feed into their watering on a weekly basis.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
All of our young plug plants will need to be protected from any danger of frost. Keep them in a sheltered environment whilst you pot them on ready to go outside, usually around May time. A greenhouse is perfect but a windowsill or conservatory will do fine as long as they are kept warm (16-18°C is optimal) with plenty of sunlight.
Use a good quality balanced potting compost when planting. Slow release fertiliser is advised for best results.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Flower Colour||Purple, White, Yellow|
|Flowering Month||May, June, July, August, September|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Colour||Pink, White, Yellow|
|Supplied As||5cm Plug, Starter Plant|
|Supplied As||Plug Plant, Starter Plant|
|Sale Type||Save 60% - Bedding/Perennials|
|Shop By Category||Plants|