Norwegian Acer - Crimson Sentry Platanoides - 15L Pot
A beautiful compact tree with strong coloured foliage which will add colour and interest to any garden in which it is situated. This deciduous tree also flowers orange-red in spring, on leafless branches, which means you get a riot of colour in three out of four seasons. The 'Crimson Sentry' is perfect for adding striking colour to smaller gardens due to the vertical growing habit.
- Approx. Height on Arrival: 200-250cm
- Foliage Colour: purple-red
- Approx. Growth Height: 8-10m
- Comes in a: 15L plastic pot
- Tree is approx 3 years old with a 1 year old rootstock
- Tolerance: frost tolerant, fairly drought tolerant once established
- Growing Habit: vertical
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Rate of Growth: fast
- Light Requirements: full sun
- Soil Requirements: neutral, clay, loam, sand
- Moisture: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile
Caring and Maintenance
Water young trees regularly until roots are well established. Trim annually from mid to late summer. Apply some fertilizer in spring in order to promote healthy growth and a good crop. Optionally, mulch in spring. Check tree ties regularly and loosen any if necessary to avoid rubbing of the stems.
- Planting Distance: 4m with 4.5m between rows
Suited to almost all well-drained and moderately fertile soils with pH between 6.5 and 7.5 in an exposed or sheltered location in full sun.
Before planting your tree, clean up all wandering weeds and keep a clean ring around the tree base. Water well during the first year until well established.
Spring and Autumn are the best seasons for planting trees, as the soil moisture and heat allow easier and faster root establishment and regeneration of damaged root systems.