Acer platanoides 'Drummondii' (Norway Maple) - 9L Pot
This beautiful, spreading tree with its variegated silver and green foliage is a striking addition to any garden, especially come autumn, where it turns a rich yellow and bronze, making an even more picturesque, colourful view.
- Foliage Colour: green and silver in spring/summer, rich yellow in autumn
- Approx. Growth Height: 6m
- Comes in a: 9L polypot (not a rigid pot)
- Approx. Height on Arrival: 150-170cm
- Tree is approx 3 years old with a 1 year old rootstock
- Tolerance: frost tolerant, fairly drought tolerant once established
- Growing Habit: bushy
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Rate of Growth: fast
- Scented: barely
- Wildlife friendly - attracts bees and other pollinating insects
- Light Requirements: full sun
- Soil Requirements: neutral, clay, loam, sand
- Moisture: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile
Caring and Maintenance
Water young trees regularly until roots are well established. Trim annually from mid to late summer. Apply some fertilizer in spring in order to promote healthy growth and a good crop. Optionally, mulch in spring. Check tree ties regularly and loosen any if necessary to avoid rubbing of the stems.
- Planting Distance: 4m with 4.5m between rows
Suited to almost all, well-drained and moderately fertile soils with pH between 6.5 and 7.5 in an exposed or sheltered location in full sun.
Before planting your tree, clean up all wandering weeds and keep a clean ring around the tree base. Water well during the first year until well established.
Autumn is the best season for planting fruiting trees, as the soil moisture and heat allow easier and faster root establishment and regeneration of damaged root systems.
This is an example of our polypot - note the fruit/ornamental trees we stock will vary in appearance according to species and season.