Nymphaea 'Attraction' | Water Lily
Red Water Lily - Nymphaea 'Attraction' - 1L Pot
This water lily will thrive in a depth between 30cm and 120cm and has a spread of up to 90cm. It is a hardy perennial plant with delightful lotus-like flowers which grow on long, upright stalks. They bloom from June to September and their flower heads open during the day, attracting pollinators. After the flowering period, the flower heads are followed by tiny fruits which emerge from beneath the water surface. The fruits drop from the stalks when mature, float on the water surface, and burst, releasing the seeds. Its orbicular green leaves float on the water surface, thanks to its numerous air chambers and short, densely grown hairs on the underside of the leaf.
Please Note: the plants will arrive ready to be placed directly in the pond.
- Foliage Colour: green
- Flower Colour: red flecked with white
- Approx. Growth Height: up to 10cm above water level
- Max. spread: 45cm - 90cm
- Flowering Time: late spring, summer
- Uses: zone 4 of a pond, lakes, rivers, ditches
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Habit: low-rafting, mat-forming, spreading
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: fast, vigorous
- Suitable for small, medium and large ponds
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|