Nymphaea 'Joey Tomocik' | Water Lily
Double Petal Yellow Water Lily - Nymphaea 'Joey Tomocik' - 1L Pot
This water lily will thrive in a depth between 50cm and 1m and has a spread of up to 1.2m. It is a hardy perennial plant with delightful double petal flowers which grow on long, upright stalks. They bloom from June to September and their flower heads open during the day, attracting pollinators. After the flowering period, the flower heads are followed by tiny fruits which emerge from beneath the water surface. The fruits drop from the stalks when mature, float on the water surface, and burst, releasing the seeds. Its orbicular green leaves float on the water surface, thanks to numerous air chambers in the lamina and petiole, and densely grown short hairs which cover the underside of the leaf.
- Foliage Colour: green with purple flecks
- Flower Colour: yellow
- Approx. Growth Height: up to 10cm above water level
- Max. spread: 75cm - 1.2m
- Flowering Time: late spring, summer
- Uses: zone 4 of a pond, lakes, rivers, ditches
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Habit: low-rafting, mat-forming, spreading
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: medium
- Suitable for small, medium and large ponds
Please Note: the plants will arrive ready to be placed directly in the pond.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|