Ophiopogon japonicus 'Albovariegata' | 2L Pot
Compact, mound forming ground cover plant. Will sometimes produce ornamental blue flowers followed by luminous fruits.
|Supplied As||2L Pot|
|Height on Arrival||15cm (6â€?)|
|Eventual Height and Spread Eventual size depends on both environmental and genetic conditions.||0.5m x 0.5m|
|Season of Interest||All year round|
The key is to regularly water your plants at least bimonthly for two months. It is also important to select a location where your plant has enough space. This can be calculated from a variety's eventual height and spread.
Dig a hole twice the radius of the plantâ€™s rootball, and before planting, drench their rootball. Place the pot in the hole, ensuring that it sits no lower than an inch below the ground.
Fill the hole with a mix of compost and garden soil, and add fertiliser and mycorrhizal fungi (ensure that you do not compress the soi). Once this step has been undertaken, you can provide your plant with a generous watering. Add mulch on top, whether bark and wood chippings, compost, manure, or leaf-mould and stones. Additionally make sure that the mulch doesn't touch the stem.
We advise you to apply fertiliser and replace decomposed mulch come Spring.
Your shrub will be sent directly from our trusted, expert growers, and straight to your doorstep. Therefore, you will receive a nursery fresh plant, which was on the growing table one day, and at your door the next.
Our expert nursery has spent many years perfecting the art of watering, feeding, and pruning shrubs, and will continue to do so until hours before it is packed. We see this as a real advantage over garden centres, where plants can be left unattended for weeks on end.
This plant will be expertly packaged into a specially designed, extra thick cardboard box, which will safely hold your plant in place. Your plant will then be delivered via a delicate courier network to prevent any chance of damage in transit.
All of our shrubs are easy to grow, unless otherwise specified. Below we address some common topics surrounding their care:
- Position: Will tolerate full sun or partial shade. Apply mulch when planting, which will help trap moisture.
- Soil Types: It is important to avoid waterlogged soils, which will starve a plantâ€™s roots of oxygen, which will lead to plant death.
- Hardiness: This species is fully hardy, and is hence well accustomed to the English climate.
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Common Name||Mondo Grass|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||2L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Ornamental Grass|