Orange Peel Plant Houttuynia Cordata - 9cm Pots x3
Houttuynia Cordata is a medium height creeping herb with heart-shaped leaves and graceful white flowers. The leaves feature deep green foliage with red edges on red stems. Its pure white double flowers in cone-shaped spikes look stunning in mid-summer, and its foliage is aromatic, giving off a citrus scent when crushed. Houttuynia Cordata can be used as a pond side plant as well as a marginal plant to beautify and add charm to your garden.
- Foliage Colour: deep green with red edges and stems
- Flower Colour: pure white
- Current Size: 4-5cm
- Approx. Growth Height: up to 30cm
- Max. Spread: 1m
- Planting Time: winter, spring
- Flowering Time: mid-summer
- Fragrance: foliage: orange peel scent when crushed
- Edible Parts: flower, leaves, roots
- Attracts: butterflies and honey bees
- Uses: zone 1 & 2 of a pond, stream edges, wet woodlands, damp grassy places, paddy field margins, roadsides, rock gardens, water features, streams, waterfalls
- Tolerance: highly tolerant of urban pollution and inner city environments
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: fast, rapidly spreading
- Suitable for small, medium and large ponds
|Supplied AsTitle ||Price ||Link |
|9cm Pot Pot|
|1L Pot |
|3L Pot |
|£20.99 || |
- Light Requirements: full sun, partial sun
- Moisture: damp ground, shallow water
- Soil requirements: sandy, loamy, clay, acidic, neutral, alkaline
Plant in a medium sized pot with approximately 2cm of water or soil above the planting basket. Spreading distance: 100cm. Aquatic and marginal plants should be placed in pond plant baskets filled with aquatic soil (sold separately) and topped with a thin layer of gravel to help prevent the soil from washing away. This plant is suitable for zones 1 & 2 of a pond.
Caring and Maintenance:
This is a very low maintenance plant which requires a well moisturised environment. Regular division is recommended to limit spreading.
Marginal and pondside plants add interest, colour and structure to ponds, and offer the benefit of delightful fragrance. They are ideal for places near to patio or decking areas, where their sweet aroma can be appreciated. The plants can be positioned around the perimeter of a pond or on levelled shelves for original and attractive exposure. Marginal plants should be planted in boggy ground or shallow water for optimal growth results.
Below is a comparison of pot sizes. From left to right: 9cm Pot, 1L Pot, 3L Pot