Pansy Cool Wave® Mixed Speed Planter for Hanging baskets
Adorn your garden with resplendent flowers throughout the seasons...
Please note, your flowers will arrive in a standard 30cm planter, and not the basket detailed in the above image.For many gardeners, ensuring a colourful garden come autumn can be challenging, but with this pre-planted planter, you need not worry. Lasting from autumn until early summer, this planter includes a mix of beautiful Pansies from the 'Cool Wave' series. With yellow, purple, white, and blue petals, and markings so intricate they may as well be a painting, this mix is perfect for enriching a garden with sumptuous colour.
The muted green foliage will also cascade over the planter, forming pretty movement. 'Cool Wave' varieties have been acclaimed for their long-lasting performance, easy to grow nature, and distinctive flowers, so be prepared to receive compliments from guests as these blooms become a focal point in your garden.
Water frequently to ensure a flourishing display...
Whatever effect you aim to achieve with your planting scheme, the colour wheel should always be your first port of call.
By planting complementary colours and avoiding clashing colours, you can create stunning baskets, borders and containers, whether you want excitement or relaxation.
- Monochromatic: Monochromatic planting uses shades of a single colour to maximise visual impact. Working with colours of the same hue you can integrate subtle changes of tone or texture to create a fascinating collage of plants. Used widely in cottage garden planting schemes and stand alone displays.
- Adjacent colours create a harmonious effect: Colours close together in the colour wheel are used to create harmony. Pair yellow with red or orange and blue with purple or greens to create a natural, relaxing display.
- Opposites colour complement each other: Colours opposite in the colour wheel produce a striking effect. Pink and yellow, blue and orange and red and green are famous contrasting combinations and can be used to create an energetic, eye catching display. Perfect for a contemporary design or creating a tropical feel.
- Triadic colours: triadic planting selects three colours spaced at equal distances around the colour wheel creating a beautifully balanced palette. Be careful to select plants with a similar intensity of colour and you can create a display packed with visual interest, with less contrast than opposite colours, resulting in a more harmonious feel.
Neutral colours can be used as part of any planting scheme and can also be used as a buffer between clashing colours. Neutral colours include white, black, grey, silver, brown and in gardening, green. White is a fantastic addition to any bed as it reflects all wavelengths of light, brightening up your garden.
- Supplied As: 30cm pre-planted planter
- Flowering Period: Autumn to early summer
- Colour Scheme: Yellow, purple, white, and blue
- Habit: Trailing
- Preferred Location: Sun or part shade
- Eventual Height & Spread: Trails To 35cm (14")
How Your Planter Will Arrive
Your plants will arrive in a standard 30cm planter, which will be securely enclosed in cardboard packaging. As such, your plants will be safe in transit, and will not harm the environment.
About your plant
Lovingly grown by our trusted nursery in England, each bedding plant will be grown in perfect conditions to allow them to develop beautiful flowers and foliage. Once ready, they will be dispatched directly to your door.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, your bedding plants will be delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will keep your plants safe and secure on their journey to your home.
- Watering: Before planting your bedding plants, it is important to provide them with a generous watering. This can be done by letting the roots of each plant submerge in a bucket of water. Once all air bubbles have escaped, allow each plant to drain. If you are planting your bedding plants in a hanging basket, you will need to water them more frequently (ideally once a day).
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Feed: To really flourish, your bedding plants should have adequate feed. You can either add a slow release fertilizer to their compost, or mix feed into their watering on a weekly basis.
All of our young plug plants will need to be protected from any danger of frost. Keep them in a sheltered environment whilst you pot them on ready to go outside, usually around May time. A greenhouse is perfect but a windowsill or conservatory will do fine as long as they are kept warm (16-18Â°C is optimal) with plenty of sunlight.
Use a good quality balanced potting compost when planting. Slow release fertiliser is advised for best results.
Our young plants will need to be grown on before they are ready to plant out in the garden. Your plants will take several weeks to establish and put on the growth required to be garden ready. By the time they are ready, the danger of frost should of passed and they will be ready to burst into life in your garden. Follow the simple steps below to ensure best results.
Seedlings, 60 Cell plug packs & 4 cell Veg Plugs are best planted into bedding tray inserts or 7-9cm pots.
Starter & Premium Plants are best planted into 9-13 cm pots or can be planted directly into baskets and containers as long as they can be protected from frost.
- Fill the cell trays or pots with compost and lightly firm.
- Use a dibber to make a hole similar to the size of the plug in the compost and place the plant into this hole the gently firm the plant into the compost. Note: the top of the compost plug should be level with the compost in the tray or pot.
- Water the young plants gently using a watering can fitted with a fine rose.
- Place the plants in a warm, light position but out of direct sun. They must be protected from frost. A temperature of 16 -20 Â°C will encourage active growth but good light is also essential. Grow on until all danger of frost has passed and then plant out.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Flower Colour||Blue, Purple, White, Yellow|
|Flowering Month||May, June, July, August, September, October|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||Speed Planter, Hanging Basket|
|Shop By Category||Bedding|