Penstemon Arabesque 'Appleblossom' | Perennial | 5 x Large Plugs
Sensational white trumpets of flowers are structured up this plant
Planting TipThis plant would look fantastic placed in a garden border.
Whatever effect you aim to achieve with your planting scheme, the colour wheel should always be your first port of call.
By planting complementary colours and avoiding clashing colours, you can create stunning baskets, borders and containers, whether you want excitement or relaxation.
- Monochromatic: Monochromatic planting uses shades of a single colour to maximise visual impact. Working with colours of the same hue you can integrate subtle changes of tone or texture to create a fascinating collage of plants. Used widely in cottage garden planting schemes and stand alone displays.
- Adjacent colours create a harmonious effect: Colours close together in the colour wheel are used to create harmony. Pair yellow with red or orange and blue with purple or greens to create a natural, relaxing display.
- Opposites colour complement each other: Colours opposite in the colour wheel produce a striking effect. Pink and yellow, blue and orange and red and green are famous contrasting combinations and can be used to create an energetic, eye catching display. Perfect for a contemporary design or creating a tropical feel.
- Triadic colours: triadic planting selects three colours spaced at equal distances around the colour wheel creating a beautifully balanced palette. Be careful to select plants with a similar intensity of colour and you can create a display packed with visual interest, with less contrast than opposite colours, resulting in a more harmonious feel.
Neutral colours can be used as part of any planting scheme and can also be used as a buffer between clashing colours. Neutral colours include white, black, grey, silver, brown and in gardening, green. White is a fantastic addition to any bed as it reflects all wavelengths of light, brightening up your garden.
Perennial Plug Plants - 5cm Glue Plug
This range of larger Starter Plants, uses the same glue plug and paper sleeve technology but in a larger and more robust form that suits better these high impact varieties that need a little more space to develop.
All plants selected for the Premium Plugs range will establish quickly once planted and have proven garden performance, reliability and extended flowering, offering the best value for money.
- Supplied As: 5 x 5cm Plug Plants
- Flowering Period: June to September.
- Season Of Interest: Summer
- Habit: Bush
- Preferred Location: Full sun to partial sun
- Eventual Height & Spread: Approx 50cm - 60cm (20in - 24in) Tall
About your plant- As one of the most successful suppliers of flower seeds and plants in the UK, this business stems from two families with a desire of providing horticultural service and quality. They are recognised for their worldwide team of growers who are producing some of the most competitive and innovative plants the industry has seen.
Packaging- this pack for 5 plug plants will come in plastic inserts to keep them clean and tidy and prevent chances of damage.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
All of our young plug plants will need to be protected from any danger of frost. Keep them in a sheltered environment whilst you pot them on ready to go outside, usually around May time. A greenhouse is perfect but a windowsill or conservatory will do fine as long as they are kept warm (16-18°C is optimal) with plenty of sunlight.
Use a good quality balanced potting compost when planting. Slow release fertiliser is advised for best results.
Our young plants will need to be grown on before they are ready to plant out in the garden. Your plants will take several weeks to establish and put on the growth required to be garden ready. By the time they are ready, the danger of frost should of passed and they will be ready to burst into life in your garden. Follow the simple steps below to ensure best results.
Seedlings, 60 Cell plug packs & 4 cell Veg Plugs are best planted into bedding tray inserts or 7-9cm pots.
Starter & Premium Plants are best planted into 9-13 cm pots or can be planted directly into baskets and containers as long as they can be protected from frost.
- Fill the cell trays or pots with compost and lightly firm.
- Use a dibber to make a hole similar to the size of the plug in the compost and place the plant into this hole the gently firm the plant into the compost. Note: the top of the compost plug should be level with the compost in the tray or pot.
- Water the young plants gently using a watering can fitted with a fine rose.
- Place the plants in a warm, light position but out of direct sun. They must be protected from frost. A temperature of 16 -20 °C will encourage active growth but good light is also essential. Grow on until all danger of frost has passed and then plant out.
|Features||Tall Perennial Plants|
|Flowering Month||June, July, August|
|Location||Perennial Plants For Pots, Perennial Plants For Shade|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||Starter Plant|
|Supplied As||Plug Plant, Starter Plant|
|Type||Bedding Plants, Perennial Plants|
|Suitable For Shade||Suitable for Shade|
|Special Offers||Save 60% - Bedding/Perennials|
|Shop By Category||Plugs & Propagation|
|Perennials A - D||Beardtongue|