Penstemon 'Husker Red' | 10.5cm Pot
Tall burgundy stalks carrying racemens of luminous white flowers
The perfect border perennial, Penstemon Digitalis 'Husker Red' will accentuate your garden with racemens of tubular white blooms, which create a beautiful contrast against their burgundy foliage. Able to reach one metre in height, 'Husker Red' is ideally placed at the back of a border, where it will provide a striking backdrop for other white-flowering plants. This Penstemon proudly carries the Royal Horticultural Society's 'Perfect for Pollinators' logo; providing you with confidence that your garden will attract and nurture beneficial wildlife.
Plant in drifts along the back of a border for towers of gorgeous colour.
- Flowering Period: Spring and Summer
- Soil and Sun Exposure: Well-drained soil with full sun
- Eventual Height & Spread: (Up to) 100cm (39"), 50cm (20")
- Special Advice: Wear gloves when handling, Digitalis is toxic
- Arrives As: 10.5cm Pot
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||10.5cm Pot|