Penstemon 'Phoenix Red' | 3L Pot
Pretty white and red blooms, present from summer to autumn
This beautiful Penstamon variety will form panicles of red, trumpet-shaped blooms, with white throats. The interesting shape, tall height, and gorgeous pairing of red and white hence makes this perennial perfect for a cottage garden's borders. Semi-evergreen, this beautiful variety benefits from a good resistance to pests and disease, making it a reliable choice for your garden.This variety proudly carries the Royal Horticultural Society's 'Perfect for Pollinators' logo, assuring you that your garden will attract and nurture beneficial wildlife.
- Flowering Period: Summer to Autumn
- Soil and Sun Exposure: Most soils receiving full sun or part shade
- Eventual Height and Spread: (Up to)1 metre, 0.5 metres
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 3 litres
- Fresh from the Nursery
- Red and White Blooms
- Long Flowering Period
- Loved by Polinators
- Sustainable Packaging
Planting TipPlant in borders to sustain floral interest when other plants finish flowering..
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Features||Tall Perennial Plants|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|