- Free mains adaptor included - no batteries necessary
- Can also be run on batteries, for ease of positioning
- Strobe light combined with ultrasonic repeller will frighten and repel pests, but will not bother people (or pets within the house)
- Two extremely effective deterrents in one affordable package
- Durable plastic casing is long lasting and weather resistant
- PIR (Passive Infrared Sensor) can detect movement, activating device when pests are near
- Detecting area is an arc, covering an approx 120° arc, an area of approx 188m² (2,024ft²)
- Integrated switches allow you to adjust both the sensitivity of the detector and the ultrasonic output
- Switches are beneath plastic hood, protecting controls from the weather
- Ultrasonic repeller and strobe light each have three settings - On, Off, and Sensor - when set to Sensor, it will only activate when intruders are near, helping to save power
- Frequency of ultrasonic repeller can be adjusted for optimum effect depending on the type of pest you are attempting to repel
- Height 17cm (6¾in) x Depth 11cm (4¼in) x Width 15cm (6in)
- Weight 720g
- Mains powered (10m cable included)
- Can also use 4x D batteries
For anyone who wishes to protect precious plants from cats, foxes, rodents, birds, and deer (and a variety of other pests), this repeller from PestBye is both effective and easy to use. It combines two effective deterrents - an ultrasonic repeller and a strobe light. It is extremely user-friendly, featuring easy-to-use switches which can be used to adjust the settings.
|This versatile pest repeller can be run on mains power, meaning no batteries are necessary! It is supplied with a 10m cable for this purpose. However, for ease of positioning, it can also be operated with 4 D batteries. It can take 14-28 days to deliver the full deterrent effect. 'Occasional' visitors will usually be stopped within 7 days. For your convenience, it is possible to activate the strobe light and ultrasonic repeller either separately or together, so that if you are sitting in the garden you need not be bothered by flashing lights.|
|The PIR sensor featured on this product is sophisticated and effective - it can detect intruders easily, and covers an area of 2,024ft². Devices with motion sensors are much more effective pest deterrents, as the animals in question learn to associate the unpleasant noise with their own movement, and are more likely to avoid the area. It also helps to make the most of the device's power, as the ultrasonic noise only activates when the sensor is activated. The frequency of the ultrasonic repeller can be adjusted to deal with specific pests: for larger pests such as squirrels, foxes, or even cats, a low frequency will be sufficient, and for insects etc, a higher frequency can be more effective. When the PIR detects a warm body within its range, it will emit 10 second ultrasonic bursts, and the strobe light will flash for 10 seconds, training the pests to avoid the protected area. These settings can be easily adjusted using the integrated switches.|
Please note: this product may affect any pets permitted in the same part of the garden.
"Item installed but too early to say if rodents have moved on completely - initial indication good......"
Reviewed Wednesday, 2 November 2016
"Seems to be working"
Reviewed Sunday, 23 October 2016
"Unfortunately the squirrels in our garden were not Repelled by this product. It may work with other pests."
Reviewed Monday, 15 August 2016
"Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this product has not successfully repelled squirrels in your garden. We sell a variety of other repellers which you may find more effective. Having said this, as with all products designed to alter animal behaviour, we cannot guarantee effectiveness in every situation. "
"Instructions a little vague but a quick email and equally quick response from Primrose and the product appears to be doing the job. The rat colony has vanished, the garden birds and our 3 dogs don't seem upset by it. Easy to install, and not at all greedy on batteries"
Reviewed Saturday, 18 June 2016
"I have seen no impact on the wildlife. A poor investment."
Reviewed Monday, 25 January 2016
"doe's exatley what I was hoping"
Reviewed Monday, 2 November 2015
Reviewed Thursday, 19 March 2015
"Although it is early days I am not convinced the product is robust - the back cover, which has to be removed to access the switches, seems to seal flimsily and I suspect water will get in. It would be VERY helpful for the instructions to indicate the frequencies settings for different types of pest as I have no idea."
Reviewed Thursday, 19 March 2015
"Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear your difficulties with the repeller. If you have trouble with a Primrose product, you can call customer services for advice."
"Worse than useless. Totally ignored by cats, squirrels, pigeons, all of which happily walk around in front of it while it flashes and beeps. Have tried the highest sound frequency through to the lowest and the only ones who the least bit put out by it were the neighbours. Don't waste your money.... really."
Reviewed Monday, 22 December 2014
"Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear the repeller did not work for you. We sell a wide range of repellers, which you may find more effective."
"The product works fine but I notice after installing it, foxes were still fouling my lawn a few times after the Pest Repeller was installed"
Reviewed Tuesday, 18 November 2014