Petchoa 'Beautical Cinnamon'| Pack Of 5 Plug Plants
An exciting hybrid with beautiful orange flowers
Our Petchoa BeautiCal "Cinnamon" plug plants are an exciting hybrid that combine the best features of the petunia and calibrachoa flowers. The large textured flowers come in a glorious shade of orange with a darker centre and veining to provide depth and form. The weather-resistant plants recover from rain much faster than standard petunias, and have good resistance to mildew. The colourful non-sticky blooms look amazing in pots on patios, terraces, and balconies.
- Best when grown as a single colour planting or with a contrasting colour in patio containers or baskets.
- Hardiness: Half-Hardy Annual
- Supplied As: 5 Plug Plants
- Flowering Period: June - September
- Summer: Spreading
- Preferred Location: Sun, Partial Shade
- Eventual Height & Spread: 25-30cm X 40-50cm (10-12in X 16-20in)
Lovingly grown by our trusted nursery in England, each bedding plant will be grown in perfect conditions to allow them to develop beautiful flowers and foliage. Once ready, they will be dispatched directly to your door.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, your bedding plants will be delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will keep your plants safe and secure on their journey to your home.
- Fill the cell trays or pots with compost and lightly firm.
- Use a dibber to make a hole similar to the size of the plug in the compost and place the plant into this hole the gently firm the plant into the compost. Note: the top of the compost plug should be level with the compost in the tray or pot.
- Water the young plants gently using a watering can fitted with a fine rose.
- Place the plants in a warm, light position but out of direct sun. They must be protected from frost. A temperature of 16-20°C will encourage active growth but good light is also essential. Grow on until all danger of frost has passed and then plant out.
Please see our below guidance on your bedding plant’s care:
- Watering: Before planting your bedding plants, it is important to provide them with a generous watering. This can be done by letting the roots of each plant submerge in a bucket of water. Once all air bubbles have escaped, allow each plant to drain. If you are planting your bedding plants in a hanging basket, you will need to water them more frequently (ideally once a day).
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Feed: To really flourish, your bedding plants should have adequate feed. You can either add a slow release fertilizer to their compost, or mix feed into their watering on a weekly basis.
All of our young plug plants will need to be protected from any danger of frost. Keep them in a sheltered environment whilst you pot them on ready to go outside, usually around May time. A greenhouse is perfect but a windowsill or conservatory will do fine as long as they are kept warm (16-18°C is optimal) with plenty of sunlight.
Use a good quality balanced potting compost when planting. Slow release fertiliser is advised for best results.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Flowering Month||June, July, August, September|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||5cm Plug|
|Supplied As||Plug Plant|