Phormium 'Evening Glow' | 4L Pot
An evergreen Phormium featuring red and pink, sword-shaped foliage
With a compact habit, 'Evening Glow' has upright, sword-shaped leaves that boast red and pink colouring. Reminiscent of the setting sun, this plant is wonderful for adding warmth to existing schemes. Requiring minimal pruning and care, 'Evening Glow' will make a fitting addition to a Mediterranean or coastal garden style, where its compact shape will prove ideal for those seeking a neat display. An evergreen plant, this Phornium offers beautiful foliage all year round, so will become a focal point in your garden.Please note, stems of small red flowers can appear during particularly warm summers.
- Flowering Period: Summer
- Flower Colour: Red
- Foliage Colour: Pink and Red
- Features: Evergreen foliage, luxurious colours, low maintenance
- Supplied As: 4L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 50 - 60cm
- Eventual Height & Spread: 1m, 1m
- Hardiness: Conifers can be found growing in far colder regions than the UK and therefore the UK’s mild winters will not affect your tree.
- Position: Conifers make an excellent choice for shady areas of the garden, but do benefit from full sun.
- Soil Types: Soil types can remain an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nevertheless, less than ideal conditions will hinder their growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your conifer of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis, causing its roots to rot and creating the perfect environment for disease.
- Planting in Pots: Conifers do well in pots and benefit from slightly acidic soil, so using a mix of ericaceous and garden soil is recommended. With upright varieties, opt for a square pot, as high winds can topple your plant.
- Hardiness: Conifers can be found growing in far colder regions than the UK and therefore our mild winters will not affect them.
- Position: Conifers make an excellent choice for the shaded parts of your garden, but they will also appreciate full sun.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your conifer’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve them of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing their roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease. Similarly, compressed soils can starve a tree of oxygen and water, so do not compress their soil.
- Pots: Conifers do well in pots and benefit from slightly acidic soil, so we advise you use a mix of ericaceous and garden soil. With upright varieties, opt for a square pot, as high winds can cause your conifer to topple over.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||Yes|
|Foliage Colour||Green, Pink, Red|
|Supplied As||4L Pot|
|Supplied As||4L-5L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Ornamental Shrubs|