Pickerel Weed 'Lanceolata' Pontederia cordata 'Lanceolata' - 3L Pot
The Pickerel Weed has large, broad, green lance shaped leaves, which contrast wonderfully with the light blue flowers that appear in the summer. It grows up to an approximate height of 1.20m and thrives in water depths of 10cm to 20cm.
- Foliage Colour: green
- Flower Colour: blue
- Approx. Growth Height: 90cm - 1.2m
- Flowering Time: July - September
- Uses: bog gardens, mixed containers and landscapes
- Growing Habit: upright
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: fast
- suitable for medium and large ponds
- Light Requirements: full sun, partial shade
- Moisture: moist, moist but well drained
- Soil requirements: acidic, neutral, alkaline, boggy, loamy, sandy, chalky
Plant in bog gardens or in shallow water with a depth between 10cm and 20cm. This plant is suitable for zones 2 of a pond. Aquatic and marginal plants should be placed in pond plant baskets filled with aquatic soil (sold separately) and topped with a thin layer of gravel to help prevent the soil from washing away.
- Planting Depth: 10cm - 20cm
Caring and Maintenance
Maintain water depths greater than saturation, but shallower than the leaves year round.
Pond Plant Benefits
Marginal and pondside plants add interest, colour and structure to ponds, and offer the benefit of delightful fragrance. They are ideal for places near to patio or decking areas, where their sweet aroma can be appreciated. The plants can be positioned around the perimeter of a pond or on levelled shelves for original and attractive exposure. Marginal plants should be planted in boggy ground or shallow water for optimal growth results.