Polemonium 'Northern Lights' | 2L Pot
Radiant blue flowers adorned by sunny yellow staminodes and ladder-like stems
Featuring violet-blue, bowl-shaped flowers, that are borne from vibrant green, ladder-like coloured stems, Polemonium caeruleum 'Northern Lights' will make a divinely pretty touch to beds, borders, and even containers. The gentle green colouring of this Polemonium's foliage further enjoys a beautiful contrast against the blue and yellow shades of each flower.
- Flowering Period: June, July, August, and September
- Soil and Sun Exposure: Well- drained soil receiveing full sun or partial shade
- Eventual Height and Spread: 45cm (18"), 30cm (12")
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 2 litres
- Fresh from the Nursery Our perennials and alpines are dispatched directly from expert growers, based within Southern England. There is no sitting around in garden centers or fulfillment centres, so you rest assured that your plant will arrive fresh, healthy and in perfect condition.
- Easy to Grow Nature
- Pretty Blue Flowers
- Environmentally-Conscious Packaging
- Divide every three years to ensure a vigorous habit
This perennial has been grown by our trusted growers, based in the West Midlands. Once ordered, they will be picked and carefully packaged into secure, environmentally friendly packaging.
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Common Name||Jacob's Ladder|
|Location||Perennial Ground Cover Plants|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||2L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Ground Cover||Suited for Ground Cover|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|